Holiday Lighting Safety
Electrical Safety Precautions
With the holiday season upon us, it’s time for homes to be decorated in beautiful festive lights. However, with all these electrical devices covering your home, it’s important to take special precautions. Every year people obtain injuries, such as falls, cuts, and shocks while attending to holiday lights. Check out some tips on how to stay safety during the holiday season:
- Make sure you use lights that have been tested for safety.
- Check each set of lights for frayed or bare wire and throw out any damaged sets.
- If you find any burned-out bulbs, replace them promptly.
- Turn off all holiday lights before you go to sleep or leave the house.
- When putting holiday lights up outside, check to make sure they are exterior lights and weather-resistant
- Don’t use nails or staples to hang light strings, this can create a dangerous fire hazard.
- With a metallic tree, you should never use electric lightsIt’s important that once the holiday season is over that you store all lights and decorations neatly and safely.
Another aspect that comes during the festive holiday season is snow storms. For safety reasons, you should have a portable generator for your to home and get a maintenance check on it before winter hits. For any electrical service needed to be done throughout your house, contact Cote Electric us at 603.624.7970 or fill out our contact form online!